With Pinterest and Instagram, there is so much more choice and inspiration these days for planning your wedding day. So why can it be so difficult to choose your bridesmaid dresses? Well, no one bridesmaid is the same, so choosing a colour and style that suits everyone can be a nightmare, especially if everyone has a different opinion. Plus you ideally would like the dresses to fit in with your wedding theme.
To help you navigate the world of bridesmaid dresses, we have put together 5 top trends for 2015 and some beautiful Stokes Thompson suggestions.
1. Pretty Patterns. Particularly, romantic floral patterns are popular for Spring/Summer 2015/16 weddings. Perfect for a garden wedding or vintage/bohemian themed wedding. Your bridesmaids will love this too as printed dresses are perfect for other occasions too.
2. Mix and Match. Whether you’re mixing up your colours or mixing up your styles, this trend is likely to stay for a long time. This trend is an excellent way to create individual looks for your bridesmaids and choose styles which suit their body shapes.
Having trouble choosing a colour for your bridesmaid dresses? Not to worry, having a different colour for each dress can really add interest to the look of your bridal party. Choosing different shades in the same colour will create a beautiful ombré effect.
Our teal dress is a beautiful bridesmaid dress, which can be mixed and matched in a long dress with capped sleeves or short flowing skirt.
3. Maid of Honour Dress. Your maid of honour is a special person to you and they have probably been busy supporting you throughout your wedding preparations. Why not make them stand out a little? This trend is becoming increasingly popular in 2015. If you’re looking for a subtle way to make them stand out, why not try an embellished detail, like our blue dress. The crystal embellishment on the shoulder adds a truly special touch and is perfect for your maid of honour.
4. Illusion Necklines. This trend has a romantic and traditional appeal. The illusion covering, can be a high neck, bateau, off the shoulder or v-neckline. Beautiful fabrics like lace, tulle or beaded embellishments create a beautiful look.
Our red dress offers a stunning keyhole illusion design with lace detailing.
5. Ivory or White. What was once a wedding faux par, is now the trendiest bridesmaid style. Are you ready to embrace an all-white wedding? Many brides are now opting for white or ivory bridesmaid dresses to complement their own. This trend is sophisticated and elegant, and will suit almost any wedding theme. However, you mustchoose the right dress, so it doesn’t overshadow the bride.
Copyright © 2016 Stokes Thompson. All Rights Reserved. Contact Stokes Thompson or phone +61 7 3369 5119. This article may not be used without the prior written consent from the author. See below for more details…