A red dress is an elegant and sexy dress, which creates a classic look, suitable for many formal occasions.
However red is a bold colour, a colour which exudes confidence and attracts attention, and many women tend to shy away from it, worried they cannot “pull it off”. But red is one of the easiest colours to add to your wardrobe and brighten your complexion.
With Christmas just around the corner, it’s the perfect occasion to try out a red dress at your next party or even Christmas Day.
Let’s look at our top tips for wearing a red dress, plus a selection of our favourite Stokes Thompson red dress designs…
1. Combine your red dress with neutral accessories and shoes. White, camel or black work best, as they allow the red dress to stand out. They compliment your dress, without overpowering your look. Also keep your makeup neutral and classic, if you want to try a red lipstick, we recommend taking your dress to a makeup artist, for assistance choosing the right shade. Professionals always get it right!
For a glamourous look, Holly Red is a silk georgette dress with hand beading over the bust, as well as small pleating around the waist giving the dress amazing fall and movement.
2. Choose a flowing or delicate fabric to soften the overall effect and create a classic style. Chiffon, silk or laces are beautiful fabrics to wear in red. You will look and feel feminine and elegant.Our Kiara Red dress is a perfect example of how a lace cut out back creates a classic, elegant look.
3. Choose a shade of red which suits your skin tone. There are many shades of red available,in either cool or warm undertones. Learn which tones suit your complexion in our blog “Why you should match your formal dress to your skin tone” and work with these shades.
For example: bright red, tangerines, and corals are great for warm skin tones, while maroon and deepreds are perfect for cool skin tones, like our Rose Garden Red dress.
4. Choosing the right shade of red is just half the job, just like with any dress, the most important factor is the cut and style. Does it suit your body shape? Do you feel comfortable? Is it appropriate for your event? Our blog “The perfect dress for your shape” will assist in your search for the perfect cut.
5. Own it! You’ve found the perfect red dress, now don’t hesitate, wear it! If you feel beautiful, confident, elegant, sexy and brave, your personality and mood will shine through and you will be the belle of the ball.
Copyright © 2015 Stokes Thompson. All Rights Reserved. Contact Stokes Thompson or phone +61 7 3369 5119. This article may not be used without the prior written consent from the author. See below for more details…