A beach would have to be one of the most romantic settings for a wedding.
It does provoke a more casual theme, compared with a ballroom or church.
A beach wedding dress is usually a light, flowing material and elegantly simple.
So how do you accessorise and style your beach wedding dress?
Here are 5 tips to help you create a beautiful beach wedding look:
1. Decide on your theme and choose a dress which compliments it. Your overall theme is “beach” but are you also incorporating a vintage, classic romantic or modern theme? We have three beautiful examples of a perfect beach wedding dress.
Our white lace dress really captures a vintage beach theme, the lace detailing and flowing skirt looks beautiful gliding up a wedding aisle.
Our long white dress has a delicate crystal detailing and full skirt, which gives a classic romantic feel and is sure to wow your guests.
While our white diamante dress with high side split, crystal detailing and sweet-heart neckline is a beautiful, sophisticated and modern design, for those wanting a high fashion look.
2. Once you have decided on your wedding theme and chosen your dress, you can now start to accessorise. Pearls compliment a beach wedding theme flawlessly. A pearl necklace and earrings or bracelet will add glamour and elegance, along with keeping to your theme.
3. Flowers are always a striking accessory for a wedding; why not try a floral hair garland for a vintage or romantic look. A floral corsage is a creative alternative to a bouquet.
A beach wedding allows for an exotic feel, so take the opportunity to see what exotic flowers are available to use.
4. Shoes or bare feet? This is completely up to your personal preference and the theme of your day. You can even wear crystal embellished thongs! Just ensure the length of your dress is perfect for your footwear, so you are not tripping on the front of your hem.
5. Bridesmaids! A beautifully styled bridal party will always compliment a bride & groom and enhance the overall theme of your wedding.
Ensure your bridesmaids dresses are beach friendly. This is a great opportunity for a classic knee length style. You may wish to draw inspiration for the dress colour from the location.
Our teal dress provides a light, flowing design with subtle embellishment to effortlessly take it from day to night.
Our aqua dress is a beautiful pop of colour for a coastal location.
Copyright © 2016 Stokes Thompson. All Rights Reserved. Contact Stokes Thompson or phone +61 7 3369 5119. This article may not be used without the prior written consent from the author. See below for more details…