For the lucky ones, wedding dress shopping is a once in a lifetime affair.
It’s the most important dress many women will wear. Shopping for your wedding dress is exciting and fun, but many women can feel a lot of pressure, and become overwhelmed by the whole experience.
Let’s take a look at some key tips for making your wedding dress shopping a wonderful and successful experience.
1. Before you even make an appointment to try on wedding dresses, take the time to pre plan.
– What kind of wedding dress do you like and suits your personal style?
– What type of dress suits your body shape and skin tone?
– What style of dress is appropriate for your wedding?
2. Set your budget and stick to it. Trying on dresses which are over your budget can lead to disappointment and heartbreak.
3. Sometimes too much choice is a bad thing. Don’t try on too many dresses, it can leave you overwhelmed and confused. Ten is a great number to work with.
4. Wear appropriate underwear when trying on dresses and take a long a strapless bra.
5. If you have already chosen some special items you will be wearing on the day, take them along to see how they suit the dress e.g. jewellery, veil.
6. Lastly, and one of the most important tips, take along shoes in a similar height to those you will wear on your wedding day, so you can see how you can move in the dress and if the dress will require alterations.
Here are just a few of our favourites and you can view more in our online store here.
The beautiful Juliette dress is collaboration between Brisbane based Designer Stokes Thompson and Melbourne Designer Hanni. This gorgeous silk georgette strapless dress, has a hand beaded feature on the waistline and a thigh split allowing great movement.
The Kiara is a gorgeous silk georgette dress, featuring a lace cut-out on the back, as well as small pleating around the waist giving the dress amazing fall and movement.
The Beautiful Rose Garden Floor Length Dress has been designed in Australia, featuring a beautiful, delicate lace.
Copyright © 2016 Stokes Thompson. All Rights Reserved. Contact Stokes Thompson or phone +61 7 3369 5119. This article may not be used without the prior written consent from the author. See below for more details…