There it is; that chill in the air. Autumn is here and the anticipation of winter is building. The change of season is an exciting time; the chance to change up your wardrobe, bring out the layers, cosy fabrics, jackets, boots and scarves. What’s not to love about winter fashion, there are so many wonderful fabrics and fashions to choose from.
To help you, we have found five essential items for your 2015 winter wardrobe. These essentials can be mixed and matched together to create some fabulous, on trend outfits, for Autumn/Winter:
1. Colour Jeans. Denim is undoubtedly a wardrobe essential twelve months of the year. So what styles are trending in 2015? Go with grey, burgundy or cobalt blue jeans this Autumn/Winter. Match with a neutral knit or black blazer to really make the colour pop!
2. Basic Knits. You can’t go wrong in both style and comfort by adding some soft knits to your wardrobe. Oversized knit cardigans and sweaters are on trend this season and look amazing when layered, which is a plus for extra warmth. Cashmere is a must for a luxurious look and feel. Classic stripes and neutral tones are the go to for knits this year.
3. Midi Skirts. This trend was originally popular in the 70’s and has recently come back in fashion. The classic look is staying around from Spring/Summer and can be brought into the Autumn/Winter season by pairing with some tights and a gorgeous knit top or tailored jacket. The Midi Skirt is classically a mid-calf length but there are now a variety of lengths and shapes to choose from, so there is a shape to suit everyone. Try different materials like leather or suede for some extra detail to your outfit.
4. Tailored Blazer. This is a must have item this Autumn/Winter season. AND the good news is; it is so versatile. Teamed with a Midi Skirt or a dress like our silver seaweed dress or amethyst borealis dress, it creates the perfect office ensemble. Add some killer high heels, with a blazer and colour jeans and you have a sophisticated outfit for a night out or weekend outing. A black blazer will suit many outfits and adds sophistication especially when impeccably tailored. If you are feeling adventurous, an animal print blazer is definitely a 2015 must have.
5. Ankle Boots. Are THE accessory this Autumn/Winter season. There are so many great styles available: wedge, heel, flat, laced, buckled. The trick to wearing ankle boots is to elongate the leg. If wearing them with jeans, cuff the hem to show off some ankle, or add them to a dress which sits just above the knee. Military, Taupe and Black are this seasons go to style and colours.
Copyright © 2016 Stokes Thompson. All Rights Reserved. Contact Stokes Thompson or phone +61 7 3369 5119. This article may not be used without the prior written consent from the author. See below for more details…