Ok, how many of you choose your formal shoes before your dress?!!
While some might think this is silly, as it narrows down your dress choices, but it can have benefits.
Sometimes reducing choices and already having a style in mind, can help with your formal dress hunt. It’s a great way to ensure the correct length of your dress, and have your dress fitted perfectly, plus it’s usually easier to carry your shoes around while trying on dresses, instead of the other way around.
No matter which way, shoes can often make the outfit, so let’s take a look at this season’s must have styles…
1. Suede – suede heels and sandals add a touch of class to a beautiful formal dress, especially in rich colours like maroon, teal and black. This elegant material is the perfect accessory to a great little black dress, like our Sophia Dress or Rose Garden Dress.
2. Metallic – metallic heels make a fabulous statement to any formal dress. Plus they are so easy to match with a clutch and statement necklace.
3. Natural Leather – looks amazing and is so versatile from day to night. Particularly with a woven detail. Perfect for a garden wedding, day at the races or outdoor formal function.
4. Pointed Toes are the go! Matching a formal dress with a closed, pointed toe shoe, adds an extra touch of refinement and is best suited for a black tie event. Pointed Toes with a sling back, low heel, are particularly on trend this season.
5. Fancy Flats are so on trend! So, if you don’t like heels, or your dress is best suited to flats, you’ll have plenty of options to choose from. For a more formal affair, choose a flat with some beautiful embellishment or a gorgeous fabric.
Copyright © 2016 Stokes Thompson. All Rights Reserved. Contact Stokes Thompson or phone +61 7 3369 5119. This article may not be used without the prior written consent from the author. See below for more details…